Is heart pause for few seconds caused due to iron defieciency?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Im getting these episodes of a pause between heartbeats lasting a few seconds causing me to almost black out. This happens only twice a year. Ive had a normal echo, although doppler suggests impaired lv relaxation but my doctor isnt worried. A norm stress test and loop recorder and a normal holter. They say my heart is fine but then why am i getting this. Its like my heart stops! Ive just recently been diagnosed with an iron deficiency. Would that be the cause. Im always foggy and lightheaded.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Iron deficiency anemia causes your health problems Detailed Answer: Hi, Having iron deficiency leads to anemia. Being foggy and lightheaded are signs of anemia. Feeling your heart pause for few seconds is also related to anemia, especially if you are working or exercising. The most important thing in your case is to take iron supplementation to improve anemia. Once iron deficiency is optimized, your symptoms will be resolved too. All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!

Follow-up: Is heart pause for few seconds caused due to iron defieciency? 9 minutes later
Is the impaired lv relaxation also do to anemia? And will that be normal afterwards?

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Impaired LV dysfunction not related to anemia... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. The impaired Left Ventricular (LV) relaxation is an echographic finding which is considered normal for your age. It is an early sign of diastolic dysfunction of lv but not considered a serious disease or even a disease at all. The impaired LV relaxation has nothing to do with anemia, it will remain the same even after your anemia will be resolved without causing any serious problem. All the best! Dr.Benard

Follow-up: Is heart pause for few seconds caused due to iron defieciency? 4 hours later
In a 40 year old female thats normal? In most? Does this cause low/high blood pressure? And could this cause those pauses?

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not causin low/high bp neither heart pauses... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. That's normal with increasing age including yours. Impaired lv dysfunction does not cause problems with blood pressure and neither such pauses. Apart anemia, the cause of heart pauses you feel might be related to pre/menopause problems that arise at your age. You can discuss it further with your physician too. Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Benard