Is having fever and sore throat an indication of STD inspite of having an unprotected sex once?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Please help me with this, since I didn't had girl friend & I was excited about sex and I was in Bangkok for one year and had sex with about 20 csw gals for year, but last October when having sex the condom broke and semen was out but I am damn sure her fluid was not entered as I have premature ejaculation and I pulled out and washed my penis.....after few months I had fever and sore throat and recovered,,, now I have chicken pox second time in life, im worried not able to sleep... i don't know about tht gal's status and i heard that from female to male its too difficult for virus.....and im damn sure while intercourse none of her fluid was out.....but whyi did i get chicken pox?.....please help me i have promised myself that even anyone gives me 1 crore also i will never have sex in life...i just want peaceful life....and after recovering from chicken pox im going for antibodies test is it 100% accurate?...please help me
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Testing for HIV earlier is good for you. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. Thanks for posting your query. You had protected vaginal sex and had a broken condom once. Have you any oral sex unprotected? 1.Even though the risk with the broken condom is low, we can not rule out that possibility totally. Moreover you mentioned that you had premature ejaculation and she had not attained any secretions. But normal moisture would be there with any woman especially before menopause. That itself might be infectious. 2. At the same time fever and sore throat alone are not indication of HIV. This could be due to ordinary viral fever or due to a bacterial sore throat. 3.Chicken pox second time is unusual in a normal immuno-competent person. I doubt about the diagnosis in any onetime about Chicken pox. Even in HIV disease, only after 3-5 years or more, when the immunity went down only such things can happen and not after few months of infection. You need not worry much as the risk is not high for HIV. Moreover nowadays HIV is a well manageable disease and one can live comfortably with the disease for more than 30 years. Moreover there is every chance to get a complete cure within few years. HIV tests are highly specific and reliable and for you the negative HIV test will relieve all your mental tension.Have your test as early as possible. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Is having fever and sore throat an indication of STD inspite of having an unprotected sex once? 5 minutes later
Thank u for ur reply......oral sex i licked vagina but with her under wear on...i never ever licked without it as i feel puked and please tell me why second time im having chicken pox and in neck lymph node as well ...there was change in diet but these are all scaring me like hell...
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: One might not be chicken pox.HIV test will answer Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. So you don't have risk for HIV through oral sex also. Your total risk is becoming lesser. Regarding the chicken pox a normal person will have protection for another attack through his own antibodies against chicken pox for not less than 30-40 years after a single episode. If you had two consecutive attacks (at what interval), I doubt either one might not have been due to chicken pox. There is nothing to scare about this. Test for HIV will be the solution for your anxiety. Dr S.Murugan