Is hard white vaginal discharge normal at 9th month of pregnancy?

Mar 2016

My wife is at 9th month of pregnancy and last week we visit to doctor and she internally examine.she input some instrument in vagina to check out whether the mouth of ovary is open or not so that baby comes out, But after a day or two my wife saw some blood come with some hard stuff(like female semen). I would like to know is this normal or some sign of danger? spot some blood with some hard
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. First of all, her doctor examined internally with vaginal speculum (probably) to see whether cervix (NOT mouth of ovary) opened or not. At 9th month pregnancy, slight blood spot and white hard stuff (mucus) are quite common and normal thing. It may be bloody show which can occur just before labor or in early labor as the cervix changes shape, freeing mucus and blood that occupied the cervical glands or cervical Os. Bloody show is a relatively common feature of pregnancy and it does not signify increased risk to the mother or baby. Kindly, consult with her Obstetrician if she feels strong, rhythmic, regular uterine contraction & lower abdominal pain along with bloody show. She may need hospitalization for delivery of baby. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish her good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Is hard white vaginal discharge normal at 9th month of pregnancy? 6 hours later
Hi, Thanks for the reply.!! Furthermore i would like to ask, that should we wait for labor pain or should i admit my wife without labor pain for delivery. Additionally last night my wife told that a blood clot come with urine. we are in panic situation, pls. reply.. Last manstural date -: 26th April'13
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: CONSULT WITH HER OBSTETRICIAN FOR ASSESSMENT. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. According to last menstrual period date, her EDD will be around 2nd Feb, 2014. At this stage of pregnancy (near term), blood clot in urine (hematuria) may be due to urinary tract infection or pelvic congestion. It is seen in few percentage women prior to delivery of baby. Here, I suggest to contact with her OBSTETRICIAN for clinical assessment through vaginal examination. It will confirm whether her labor starts or she needs to wait for few more days. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen