Is hard pimple on my penis a sign of syphilis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
A small 1 mm pimple on top shaft of penis located about 2.5cm away from the top glam of the penis head. Noticed this about two weeks ago, thought it was a pimple. Pimple appears hard with no open sore. Could this be a indication of syphillis? Only one sexual encounter with condom carefully used about one and half months ago. A couple of occasion had hand job done during massage. No other sexual encounters. I can forward pictures if required.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi. Since it was a protected sexual contact so that pretty much rules out STDs. I would like to gather some more information from regarding your concern in order to be able to help you better. -Has it stayed like this for 2 weeks OR has it changed somewhat? -Have you had any sexual contacts prior to this?If yes, were they protected or unprotected? -If possible can you send me a clear picture of the affected area of concern? You have an option of uploading alongside. take care regards

Follow-up: Is hard pimple on my penis a sign of syphilis? 4 minutes later
Hi Dr. Kakkar, It appears the same for the time I noticed it about two weeks ago. I tried to press it as I thought it was a pimple but it would not burst so I left it. I have had no more than two or three encounters in the past or year and all were protected. I want to forward you pictures. How do I do it?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Molluscum contagiosum, Radiofrequency cautery Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX After looking at the picture i would like to keep a possibility of Molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum contagiosum is a skin infection that causes small pearly or flesh-colored bumps (Small dome-shaped bumps with a central depression). The infection is caused by a virus. They may occur on the penis, scrotum, inner thighs or pubis. The virus commonly spreads through skin-to-skin contact. Touching an object that has the virus on it, such as a towel, also can spread the infection. Doctors usually recommend treatment for bumps in the genital area to prevent them from spreading. Treatment options are: -Needle Extraction -Removal by CO2 Laser, Radiofrquency ORElectrocautery. -Chemical cautery with Trichloroacetic acid, potassium hydroxide OR canthridin -Cryosurgery/Freezing with liquid Nitrogen. -Topical immunomodulators like Imiquimod. I would advice that you see a dermatologist who would tell you more about it and about the various treatment options and the best one for you. I usually remove them with CO2 Laser or Radiofrequency cautery if the lesions are few in number. If there are numerous lesions, i prescribe my patients topical imiquimod. take care regards

Thanks doctor. Just confirming that this is not a typical syphilis "sore"? That would save my heart from pounding too hard.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Molluscum contagiosum Detailed Answer: Hi. No, its definitely not Syphilis. take care regards

Follow-up: Is hard pimple on my penis a sign of syphilis? 3 minutes later
Thanks, doctor. Just a quick query: I have a wart remover that utilizes the freezing method. Do you think I can use it carefully on my own on that little pimple? Or do you recommend that I go and see a dermatologist? I will do as you advise. Thanks. Really appreciate your prompt reply.

Brief Answer: Visit an expert. Detailed Answer: Hi. It is advisable to visit a dermatologist because dermatologists are experienced in removing such lesions. It wont take more than 2-3 minutes for removal. If you do it yourself there is a chance that you might do it either too deeply (thus might leave a mark) or too superficially (it might recur). take care regards

Follow-up: Is hard pimple on my penis a sign of syphilis? 1 minute later
Thank, doctor.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Brief Answer: You are welcome :-) Detailed Answer: Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX Regards