Is hallucinations and memory loss caused due to excessive alcohol intake?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be related to drinking Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for query. Hallucinations,memory loss,general feeling of very ill after taking alcohol can be related to contamination of alcohol with methanol or it may be your body response to alcohol. If you had drink for first time and suffered such reaction then you must avoid alcohol in future. Hope this answers your query. Thank you.
Follow-up: Is hallucinations and memory loss caused due to excessive alcohol intake? 17 minutes later
what does contamination of alcohol w/methanol mean?
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 25 hours later
Brief Answer: methanol is dengerous alcohol. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for reply. Contamination of alcohol with methanol means the drink that you had may be mixed with methanol. Alcohol that we usually drink is ethanol. Our body can metabolise ethanol. But our body can not metabolise methanol which is XXXXXXX alcohol and can cause symptoms that you had. Hope you understood what I want to say. Wish you good health.
People also viewed
- Mistrubating cause memory loss
- Memory loss due to stress
- Polyhydramnios sodium intake
- Memory loss after alcohol
- Is flushing or redness of skin, especially on face and neck a side effect of sotalol?
- Which vegetables intake in typhoid
- Is swelling of the fingers, hands, feet, or lower legs a side effect of prednisolone?
- Swimming in the sea and salt intake
- Is fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse a side effect of depakote?
- Is loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance a side effect of oxybutynin?
- Is general feeling of discomfort or illness or weakness a side effect of apresoline?
- Memory loss due to alcohol
- Ky intense penis irritation
- Timing for ovamit intake
- Prozac and alcohol memory loss