Is green tea safe during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Is green tea safe during pregnancy.what is the effect of it.can we take during pregnancy daily and after delivery during breast feeding.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would not recomment it on a daily basis Detailed Answer: Hello, There are no clinical studies done to prove that green tea can be safe in pregnancy. Although it is good for general health, the substances it contains may cause any complication in pregnancy. In my view, it is not safe in pregnancy, and I do not recommend my pregnant patients to consume it. Instead I would suggest 2 to 3 glasses of whole milk daily. It is believed that some of the substances in green tea can cause premature bleeding, placental abruption, and preterm labour and delivery. I do not also suggest it in the breastfeeding time. You can have a cup occasionally, but why take a chance? Consume as much milk as you can. Avoid coffee and regular tea as well. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- Is voice loss symptom of puberty
- Methylene blue fish
- Too much green tea during period
- Is green tea fat burner safe
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Lost voice mucus in throat
- Cortisone injections frequency
- Is green tea safe during pregnancy
- Subcutaneous heparin monitoring
- Lost tampon removal pelvic pain
- Lost tampon no symptoms
- Hypoactive thyroid taking lisinopril atenolol green tea tablets safe
- Diazepam and alprazolam
- Green tea tingling in hands
- Lost sensitivity in penis