Is giving antibiotics and steroids without blood test safe to treat tonsils in a child?
User rating for this question
My granddaughter has swollen tonsils no real pain no fever no ear ache she just says it kinda hurts. Took her to the children's hospital yesterday all they said was it will go away. It hasn't n has gotten worse. They swabed her throatand said it came back neg. No she's at a different E.R. They are giving her antibiotics and steriods no blood work?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Tonsillitis could be viral or bacterial in nature. Continue with medicaton as prescribed. She will be fine in couple of days. Give her plenty of fluids and soft bland diet. Make her to take rest. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if there is any further question I would be glad to help. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
People also viewed
- Diabetes bumps on face
- Craniosynostosis surgery
- Vitamin b12 and yellow discharge
- Stomach ache and reoccuring fever at night
- Tonsil cancer blood test
- Headache fever leg pain stomache ache
- Mpv blood test and steroids
- Would blood test show tonsil cancer
- Testicle swollen slight fever stomach ache
- Coumadin and infertility in men
- Symptoms of vomitting tendency fever stomach ache
- Blood tests for tonsil surgery
- Swollen tonsils wont go away blood tests for
- Tummy ache fever thirsty 3 years old
- Seman in the anus