Is getting pain in sacral and glutel region related with arthritis?

I am getting pain in sacral (b/w hips back side) and gluteal (buttocks). It started at 2010 as per orthopedic doctor I was taken pain killer as long as 6 months. Pain decreased but now started again. If I eats potatoes and eggs the pain will increase. I want to know is it arthritis or other else. Recently I have been diagnosed by Kidney stone <5mm situated in kidney.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: seems to be condition called spondyloarthropathy- Detailed Answer: Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX From your history and response to painkillers, you seem to have a condition called spondyloarthropathy. It is basically an arthritis of the back , specifically the SI joints. This however needs to be confirmed by either an MRI of the SI joint or a blood test called HLA b27. The kidney stones don't really have anything to do with this problem. Generally diet does not have much to do with arthritis, but if you feel that something aggravates your problem please avoid it. In case this problem is confirmed you will need to take some medicine for arthritis and also concentrate on exercise for the back and overall. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards
Follow-up: Is getting pain in sacral and glutel region related with arthritis? 1 hour later
Now I decided to do the whole body checkup at any of super special hospitals at bangalore. So whats your suggestion? Thankyou. XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 8 hours later
Brief Answer: visit a rheumatologist Detailed Answer: Hi, I think it would be better to visit a rheumatologist, for the specific problem you have. A whole body check up would not really give you any further information. Regards,