Is fluctuation in haemoglobin is normal after radiation treatment?

I took a CBC today to check on my Platelet count . My HGB was 13.6 last week it was 4.0 it has gone from 13.3 low up to 15 over the last year. I take Nplate injection for my low blood platelets . I have at times some small rectalbleeding. From Hemerriod and Radiation treatments for Prostate Cancer is this fluxuation in HGB a concern. Lab says normal range is 13.0 to 17 all others are normal. Should this be a concern
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Your present haemoglobin is normal. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Considering your present history, there can be some amount of fluctuation in haemoglobin is normal after radiation. Your present haemoglobin (which is 13.6) is not low to be alarmed. You need to be worried if the haemoglobin is falling drastically. Kindly repeat periodically to know if there are any changes in your CBC. Also continue your Nplate injection to increase your platelet counts as advised. Also eat lot of green leafy vegetables, eating foods high in iron, which include green, leafy vegetables; dried fruit; seafood, chicken and beef; eggs; and nuts which are rich source of iron. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!