Is fibroid in breast and uterus causing pain in neck due to a tumor?

ENT Specialist
Question
hysterectomy done 7 yrs back. Non malignant fibroid in breast & vacant space of uterus. Severe pain at the right side of the neck/throat since a week. Orthopedic doctor has suggested for T2 mri hair screening. i m afraid whether it is a tumour. Pains are unbearable. whites sores on the tongue & sore throat since 2 weeks.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: very unlikely to be tumout. Detailed Answer: Hi Miss XXXXXXX From your symptoms i feel that it is highly unlikely to be tumour. You are having either an orthopaedic or an ENT related problem. I would like a few more details regarding your problems. 1) Details of the symptoms. 1) Any history of fever. 2) Pain is in the neck or the throat ? Is it associated with neck movement ?. 3) Pain while swallowing, change of voice, cough. Awaiting your response, Dr Rajkishori.

Follow-up: Is fibroid in breast and uterus causing pain in neck due to a tumor? 40 minutes later
No fever.This T2 MRI hair screening is suggested by the orthopedic surgeon as he has confirmed that it is not related to orthopedy. Pain starts from the upper head & ends at the right lower middle side of the neck. ENT doctor also have also said that there is no ENT problem.what is this test done for

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 16 hours later
Brief Answer: nothing called MRI hair screening Detailed Answer: Hi Ms XXXXXXX You have probably heard it wrongly. I am sorry but there is nothing called MRI hair screening. If both the orthopedician and ENT specialists have cleared you for the pain then you need to see a neurologist. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.

Follow-up: Is fibroid in breast and uterus causing pain in neck due to a tumor? 5 hours later
Hello Dr , Actually it is T2 hair brain screening.I am really confused whether i should get this test done as the pains are unbearable. My routine is disturbed. I am taking combiflam daily.

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: neurologist consultation Detailed Answer: Hi Miss XXXXXXX Since pain is arising from the head and radiating down to the neck you have to see a neurologist for diagnosis and management. I feel that you should not get any investigation in a hurry. See a neurophysician first and do as he advises. I hope you get well soon, Regards, Dr Rajkishori Godhi.