Is feeling giddiness caused by variation in BP?

Hello doctor, my wife is feeling giddyness since yesterday. She is absolutely healthy and has no issues. We have a 6months old baby. Is this due BP variation or any other reason. Please advice.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get her BP checked Detailed Answer: Hello, The giddiness could be due to BP variation or due to electrolyte and water imbalance. I would suggest you to get your wife's blood pressure checked, and also check her hemoglobin level. To correct the water and electrolyte imbalance, you could give her Electral or ORS solution as and when required. This can replenish the electrolytes. Ask her to drink plenty of fluids orally, and rest well too. She needs to lie down flat on the cot, do not use a pillow to support her head. She must be fine soon. Regards,