Is fasting sugar level of 178 normal?

Hi, this is XXXX from India. My mom is not keeping well. She is 65. I measured her sugar level (fasting) and it came out to be 178. It it fine at this age?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your mothers sugar level is raised .FBS should be less than 110 mg/dl . Probabably she is having diabetes . But one reading is not conclusisve . Atleast two readings should be there . I will advise you to get Hb A1c done that will reveal sugar control for 3 months . FBS ,PPBS at least two readings should be taken . You will need to show her to a diabetologist for complete evalaution . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Its my pleasure if I would of been of any help to you . Dr. Shruti