Is facial pain, eyelid twitching and weak mouth related to ear and tonsil pain?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I've had a pain in my right ear and tonsil with a lot of aching in my ear. The doctor prescribed me 500mg of Amoxil and also advised to take neurogenic to relieve the pain. Now my right side of face is starting to drop, my eyelid is twitching and my mouth is weak on one side. What ate your thoughts?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: See a doctor for further investigation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. From your description, it would appear that your doctor has diagnosed a middle ear infection and possibly tonsillitis. Antibiotics would be the usual treatment. However, the added symptoms you are experiencing need further investigation. These would not normally occur with this type of infection. I suggest you go to the ER. You may need a scan to assess whether there is an abscess developing. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA