Is face rash inciative of autoimmune rash when D-dimer is positive?

I am being worked up for shortness of breath. I have a positive ddimer (no clot) and an ana of 1 / 2560. All my other dna antibodies were normal. Now i have a rash on my face. Is this an autoimmune rash?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it may be Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. yes, it seems that you have autoimmune rash, but still, to make a final diagnosis, I want to know that-- 1. does rashes occurs or increase during sun exposure? 2. what are other blood investigations 3. do you have oral ulcers or hair fall ? 4. are you taking any medicine right now? I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok
Follow-up: Is face rash inciative of autoimmune rash when D-dimer is positive? 7 hours later
Hi. Thanks for your help. Ido get rashes in sunlight but they tend to be on my neck and elbows and my hair does fall out. I also have significant reynAuds. I do not have oral ulcers. I am on lets of meds for a suspected mitochondrial myopathy w extreme hypersomnia and postural tacchycardia syndrome including carnitine, creatine, coq10, provigil, rotalin, amitriptyline, effexor, and metropolol. My ana has been high numerous times before the metropolol. The other labs they ran were anti sm, anti ro, anti la, and rnp which all came back negative. I am waiting on dsdna. Not sure if this matters but i have had positive and negative results for thyroid tsi but my tsh, t3, andt4 are normal.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: LUPUS Detailed Answer: SO, you have rashes, hair fall, raynauds, and strongly positive ANA. I think that probably you have SLE and raynauds. Advice-- Avoid sunlight, smoking, Avoid cold exposure to fingers and toes, use gloves Avoid vibration Do exercise Reduce stress See your physician for further confirmation and management If you need any clarification, please donot hesitate.. Dr Alok