Is eye pain related to muscle and joint pain?

I was wondering if eye pain is sometimes related to joint and muscle pain. I have burning pain in my joints and muscle cramps and also have itchy eyes. The doctor looked at my eyes with the light but did not say anything about them. She did give me Celebrex for the joint pain. Could pain in eyes be related to muscle and joint pain?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 33 minutes later
Itching in eyes, joint pains and muscular cramps can occur very commonly in VIRAL INFECTIONS.

One rare condition is LUPUS. Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that occurs when your body's immune system (auto-immune) attacks your own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus can affect many different body systems, including your joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, eyes, heart and lungs.
But when one make a rare diagnosis, one is rarely right.

So in your case it may simply be a viral infection.

Just take the prescribed medicine CELEBREX. It is Celecoxib, which is selective COX-2 inhibitor used in the treatment of joint pains. But being a COX-2 inhibitor it will work in relieving pains / itches all over the body, including eyes. That is it is not specific to joints but works all over the body. You may decrease the viral intensity (viraemia) by decreasing more liquids, especially hot liquids.