Is excessive sweating related to type 2 diabetes?

I sweat excessively and was wondering if it's related to my type 2 diabetes or medication related, I take several different meds daily including cymbalta, oxycodone, celebrex, benicar, niaspan, ecotrin,neurotin and nexium.
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Sweating can be result of heart disease or hypertension or glucose level abnormality.

First important thing is to get your blood sugar levels and blood pressure checked to rule out same.
Then get your electrocardiogram [ECG] done to know presence of heart disease.

Now coming to your drugs, only cymbalta and oxycodne can cause sweating as a side effect. But if you have been taking them for long time; it is unlikely that these drugs can cause sweating suddenly.

So consult your physician and get your above mentioned tests done.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, please revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.