Is estring safe post vaginal atrophy?
User rating for this question
I am a 57 year old woman who had breast cancer early 25 yrs. ago. I also have the altzheimers gene. Yesterday I inserted the estring,, because I've had vaginal atrophy in the past and had the bladder like symptons and pain during sex. I am not having sex right now, but my gynocolist said this would help me with the atrophy. I read the risks and am concerned about the dementia and breast cancer. I am not in pain now since I ceased having sex. Is it worth it for me to wear this ring. My mother and grandmother both had altzheimers.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not advisable to use Estring Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting query. Local estrogen cream or ring is used for dryness of vagina, painful intercourse due to atrophy of vaginal mucous membrane seen in menopausal women. But if you are sexually inactive and have no symptoms of recurring infection, then I don't feel you need to use estrogen (Estring) especially when you have had breast cancer in the past and an alzheimer's gene. I hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. Take care
People also viewed
- Post menopause problems vaginal atrophy
- Excessive crying in cancer patients
- Post menopause vaginal atrophy
- Safe treatment for vaginal atrophy
- Can i take estring for vaginal atrophy ?
- Why do my adrenal glands hurt
- Fever and red spots around mouth
- Is estring safe post vaginal atrophy
- Does meth cause thyroid cancer
- Missed period and fever
- How do you know how much time a terminally ill cancer patient has
- Maybe i am pregnant fever remedies
- Yellow fever vaccination in malappuram
- Smoking marijuana with a fever
- How the first week of chemo makes you feel