Is enlarged prostate and diabetes causing ED?

Good morning Dr. I'm 55 and experiencing some ED. I didn't know I had a problem until I started dating an attractive women whom I recently had the opportunity to make love to but failed miserably. I have type 2 diabetes and have had it for a good 5 years, currently using 2000 milligrams of Metformin. I may also have an enlarged prostate due to the sugar/nerve damage. Would this be a contributing factor? Physically I am in good shape; 5'11" and about 200 lbs. I have a prescription of the generic sildenafil (100mg) but it doesn't seem to work like it should. I don't smoke but occassionally have wine. I could really use some help. XXXX
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: need evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi, I am slightly concerned about your symptoms. This seems to be related to diabetes. I would order you to your doctor for cardiovascular evaluation and diabetic related ED. Also sometimes, anxiety can also be major factor in ED Enlarge prostate is never a cause of ED. Therefore please visit a doctor. Regards
Follow-up: Is enlarged prostate and diabetes causing ED? 14 minutes later
I currently do not have a primary care physician nor do I currently have insurance. Should I try to see a urologist?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Although urologist do not see anxiety related problems, but if you doing have access to primary care physician, see urologist. Hope this will help. Regards,