Is enlarged lymph node found through mammography cancerous?
User rating for this question
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: I need more details to comment Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I understand your concern. A lymph node under arm can be enlarged due to many causes like: 1. Tuberculosis 2. Lymphoma 3. Malignancy 4. Infection You need to tell me for what symptoms she was examined and a lymph node was found. Is there any breast lump? Any history of fever or weight loss? Any history of night sweats? It's very difficult to comment upon what are the chances of breast cancer with the given information. Reply with the details I have asked , so that I can help you further. Good Luck.
Follow-up: Is enlarged lymph node found through mammography cancerous? 10 minutes later
None of the above symptoms. Going in for a normal mammogram as her mother had breast cancer 10 years ago. The technician said that the xray showed something but they couldn't find the something during the sonogram and she recommended that she go in for an MRI, but to wait for the doctors report. Has her very worried but I find it hard to believe you can't find it on a sonogram but can see tiny embryos.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. I assume she got her mammography as routine check up as she has family history of breast cancer. I appreciate your awareness. I really can't comment on what the doctor saw on Xray. I assume must have seen calcified lymph nodes on chest xray. If I am right , they are in significant without any symptoms. Any breast without a lump with normal mammography virtually rules out breast cancer. I would suggest you to wait for the doctor's report and if they advice you for MRI , go for it. Because it's always better to be sure. However I personally don't recommend unnecessary testing further if initial workup is normal. I wish her disease free life. If you don't have any further query, please close the discussion and rate it.
People also viewed
- Painless lump in between the breasts should i be worried
- Collar bone pain causes
- Need advice on breast cancer treatment
- Request for second opinion for breast cancer treatment
- Is enlarged lymph node found through mammography cancerous
- Enlarged lymph nodes due to metastatic colon cancer
- Squamous cell cancer three enlarged lymph nodes
- Enlarged lymph nodes around kidney cancer mass
- Treatment and cure for Suffer from schizophrenia
- Breast cancer no carcinoma found is it safe to conceive
- Enlarged lymph nodes with acromegaly
- Irritation while urinating causes
- Symptoms of Distended gall bladder
- Saline implants done lump on breast is this cancerous
- Drugs/medication for Inter menstrual bleeding