Is elbow pain due to fibromyalgia or due to vitamin deficiency?

Allergist and Immunologist
i had some swelling in my feet last summer and took some fluid pills to get it down i have had test to rule out no problems with heart, liver ,kidneys etc apparently the swelling which happens ever summer is because i weight 215 and have a sit down job. but august of 2013 i started hurting in my arms and legs then it progressed to numbness and tingling prickling and weakness i went through the emergency room and was told my potassium was low i was given a list of foods to eat by october 10th i was having problems concentrating frequent urination nausea unable to sleep and some facial pain i was told had fibromyalgia. it took a month to get appointment with a rheumatologist who drew alot of blood and then told me b12 was low put me on 2,000 micrograms of b-12 on 11/15/2013 (should note i have had to take reflux medicine for years because of barretts esophagus) my prickling and pain have gone away except still all of the other symptoms are still present. my b12 has been retested and was 1200 told me to continue the b12 sublingual i have my doubts that it is fribromyalgia as it doesnt hurt to touch me anywhere like people are with that problem. also my mental is back to normal. i took prednisone for about 3 weeks and symptoms all but subsided except my right elbow just hurts most of the time and this is the only trigger point i have. do you think this is really fibromyalgia or just symptoms from what happened to me and if so what are the chances symtoms will eventually go away/ also all other levels of vitamins have been checked to my knowledge folate, magnesium etc i forgot to mention after stopping the prednision symptoms returned within 6 to 7 days
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fibromyalgia responds to low dose prednisolone Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. As you very well know by now, that there is no blood test for fibromyalgia, so we Clinicians rely on the history, physical examination (tender points), 'negative' blood tests. You can read more here: WWW.WWWW.WW Low dose prednisolone (10mg mostly) is given to see the effect on body functions, response to pain/pressure, memory etc but the dose should not exceed 20mg as it loses the effect. Also high dose steroids should NOT be given. Other tests to ensure they are ok would include: Antinuclear antibody Thyroid function Vit D3 levels Please do continue on the anti-reflux medication. Best Wishes.