Is drinking every week harmful to body?

Good

Nephrologist
Question
I take drink every Saturday about 3 large (180 ml) does it harmful to my body
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I would like to know a few more things in order to come to a good conclusion

Please let me know what alcohol you consume and whether you mix it with soda or water. Do you consume exclusively on Saturdays and no other days?

Kindly also mention the medications you are currently on if any.

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Is drinking every week harmful to body? 2 days later
Doctor, pl find my answers to your question

Answer - I consume Wishky one nip (180 ml) every weekend with mixing with cold drinks and water, I make 3 glass of 60 ml wishky plus cold drink plus water each, its on only weekends.

Answer - no any medication.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Hello

Thanks for the query

According to studies a person can take upto 80g of alcohol per day to prevent long term effects of alcohol. You are consuming alcohol at a safe limit, however I should mention that these studies have been done on european or american individuals and indians have a lower safe limit. Therefore I advice you to restrict your intake of whisky to 90 ml per week, get your liver function test done every year to see for alcohol related changes.

I hope I have answered your query