Is drinking distilled water better than drinking filtered water for elevated creatinine levels?

Hi. Is drinking distilled water better than drinking filtered water for people with a history of elevated creatinine? I've been told that distilled water is better than filtered water for people with kidney stones but I don't know whether is or isn't better for people with just elevated creatinine and no kidney stones than filtered water. I've been told that for some people filtered water is better cause distilled water contains no minerals and bacteria. something like that. so which is better for me? distilled water? or filtered water? thanks
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 7 days later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. There is no concrete evidence that distilled water is better than filtered water in a patient with high creatinine and kidney stone. By stating this, I assume that your filter is good enough to remove bacteria and water quality in your town is good enough to drink by normal people. As you are from Canada, I think that normal drinking water provided by government has no excess minerals. If you have any further queries, please donot hesitate to ask me again Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok