Is drinking beer good for health?

I had a habit of drinking beer weekly wise it will effect my health and again i tried to stop it but it is not possible to stop it. Tell me some suggetions......
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Plan other actions on those occassions... Detailed Answer: Hi, Alcohol deaddiction centre has been set up at various locations in the country with an aim to deaddict individuals who are dependent on alcohol. Weekly drink of beer isn't in lines with alcohol dependency. You don't need medications or counselling programmes; just your effort and motivation. Alcohol is not harmful when taken socially and when the amount is not equal to binge drinking. If you feel you are binge drinking, you can motivate yourself from refraining the extra drinks. If you wish to stop it completely, what I suggest is plan other activities on those occasions. For example if you drink on the weekend, perhaps use those times for other hobbies - gardening, playing a sport, going out for a movie or even taking a long drive/trip outside your home town. Avoid any discussions of alcohol. A positive intent and some motivation will keep you healthy. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards