Is drinking apple cider vinegar daily good for health?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Is drinking XXXXXXX Cider Vinegar (ACV) daily good for health ? They say ACV helps in better digestion, weight loss, lower bad cholesterol & blood pressure, arthritis etc. When diluted with water 50/50 it is often used as a toner for the face. I have ordered NEW-Unfiltered Bragg Organic XXXXXXX Cider Vinegar 16 oz(Original/Imported/Genuine) from ebay. Please let me know doc, is it helpful in curing hyper-pigmentation on my face if I used this organic ACV daily by applying on my face and drinking regularly?
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Yes you can try XXXXXXX cider vinegar as a home remedy for hyperpigmentation .
There are various brands available and the one you intend to use ( braggs) is one amongst the best .
All vinegars, including XXXXXXX cider vinegar, contain acetic acid, along with lots of vitamins, different mineral salts, and amino acids. All of these things, in the right amounts, can be very good for promoting health. XXXXXXX cider vinegar also contains sulfur, which research has discovered is the reason for it's success in treating age spots and hyperpigmentation.
The effect XXXXXXX cider vinegar has on pigmentation problems has been noted to work best when drunk as a tonic as well as applying it to the face. Some people who have tried this remedy, have also suggested that adding onion juice to the XXXXXXX cider vinegar when applying it to the skin, can also help with treating Hyperpigmentation .
However I would advise you consult your dermatologist as well for determining your skin type as some sensitive skin people may find such treatment harsh and ineffective for them .

So all the best and hope I have provided you with the information you needed.