Is doxofylline 400 mg, nexpro rd 40 mg and sereflo 400 mg safe for asthma?

Is Doxofylline 400 mg and Nexpro RD 40 mg,Sereflo 400 mg the correct medicine to control Asthma.
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 40 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. The medicines for asthma depend on the staging and severity of disease.

2. The medications for asthma mentioned by you are an oral bronchodilator, proton pump inhibitor and an inhaled maintenance medication.

3. The most important investigation in asthma is pulmonary function test or PFT. If your PFT was done and the medications are based on the pft findings then it's alright or else a PFT and further evaluation & management by a Pulmonologist is required.

4. Also you need to keep a short actinf reliever medication like asthalin inhaler which can be taken as and when required on symptoms of breathlessness.

5. Avoidance of potential triggers is important. Also flu and pneumococcal vaccination would help prevent respiratory infections.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist