Is dizziness and headache related to pacemaker?

Nov 2013

My mom is 87 and having dizziness headaches and she does have a pacemaker .. She is not sleeping well either
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Headache and dizziness could be due to migraine or vascular headache, however, in view of her age, we need to exclude ischemia (lack of blood flow to brain). If pacemaker is functioning well, then, her symptoms would not be related to it. As of now, she can be given symptomatic treatment, such as ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets for headache and betahistine tablets for dizziness. For sleep disturbance, zolpidem tablets may be used. If symptoms persist, then a CT scan of the brain may be done. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: