Is distended stomach and gas normal after a stomach infection?
User rating for this question
Hello, My son is about 2 1/2 years old and recently recovered from a severe stomach virus where he ate very little, threw up a lot (24 hours) and had diarrhea (4 days.) He has been symptom free for a week but seemed to have developed a distended stomach in the last three days, along with gas. He has had several bowel movements (4 last night) which is uncharacteristic. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Residual Viral Sympyoms Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for your question. The most important thing regarding your son, is his comfort. It's not uncommon for certain symptoms, even mild ones, to persist after the illness is gone for several days or even a couple of weeks. But as long as he is comfortable, eating as per usual, there is no cause for concern.
Follow-up: Is distended stomach and gas normal after a stomach infection? 18 minutes later
Sounds good. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: You're welcome Detailed Answer: You're quite welcome. And thank you for the question.
People also viewed
- Child very pale with dark eye rings
- Can i take viagra or any drugs like that
- Child face turns dark when crying
- Irritable child crying no tears
- Stomach infection after antibiotics
- Why alcohol is the reason of high blood pressure
- Medicine for stomach infection medicine
- Child lost legs cuz of strep
- Causes for stomach infection after a flu
- Stomach infection after dental cleanings
- What is the medication given for a heart attacked patient
- Can cholesterol cause impotence in men
- Is distended stomach and gas normal after a stomach infection
- 4 day headache in child
- I have been diagnosed with left side heart valve malfunction