Is diarrhea a side effect of nexium?

I have a normal bowel movement every morning. But after eating lunch I have another bowel movement, more loose! I do take Nexium. Could this be a cause? It is embarrassing to go out to lunch because I never can tell when it will hit me. Any answer for me?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Bowel movement, loose, Nexium, Prozac... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is true that diarrhea is a common side effect of Nexium. Prozac is also another factor but less common. Therefore, I suggest to talk to your doctor to stop taking such drugs for some time and take other alternative drugs. I'd suggest to take probiotics for the moment to help re-balance the intestinal flora. If diarrhea would persist after stopping these drugs, you can ask your doctor to proceed with some fecal analysis, including examination for ova/parasites, coproculture. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to write back to me! Dr.Klerida