Is diarrhea a side effect of acenocumarol medicine?

Does Acenocumarol have diarrhea as a side effect? My mother is currently taking Warfarin but this is causing diarrhea on a frequent basis. She is thinking of changing to Acenocumarol but doesn't know if this has the same side effect. Please advise. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

Side effects of Acenocumarol are :hair loss; fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea; skin rash; cholestatic liver damage. Potentially Fatal: Haemorrhage.

So diarrhoea is side effects. It may not happen in all people. Every body react differently. So if she is suffering from diarrhoea with Warfarin change it to Acenocumarol and see the results.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.