Is developing a brown spot and itching in left armpit any allergy to using deodorant rock ?

Question
I started using a deodorant rock. My left armpit itched a few times and I've noticed it has developed a large brown spot.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query.

The development of the brown spot, could be due to inflammation or due to allergy.

You can also upload images of the lesions in the right side of the query box, which after going through would help me in suggesting you better.

It seems that the lesion is most probably due to the allergic reaction to the deodorant that you have used. If this is the case you can try cetrizine tablet for a day or two which are available over the counter.

Please do confirm by writing here about the uploading of the photo as to suggest you at the earliest.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going through the photo.

Awaiting your response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Is developing a brown spot and itching in left armpit any allergy to using deodorant rock ? 4 hours later
I haven't been able to figure out how to upload images of the lesions on the right side of the query box. Can you explain to me how to upload pictures?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 23 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

If you have problems in uploading images, please mail them to YYYY@YYYY with special attention to Dr. XXXXXXX as the subject.

Regards.