Is delayed periods post unprotected sex a sign of pregnancy?

hi, i am 21 and i had unprotected sex with my husband. and this month my menstrual cycle is delayed a week...we dont want to have baby now...can you tell me what to do now...
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 17 minutes later

See in a fertile lady unprotected relations and missed period in most of cases unless proved otherwise means pregnancy.

First of all as you said your periods were regular earlier, go for an urine pregnancy test which can be carried out even at home or you can any visit any laboratory in your area and get it done.

If the test is positive it indicates that you are pregnant. Now as you say you do not want to continue there pills available that can lead to abortion successfully in most of the cases. But in some cases some additional measures are also required with help of gynecologist. But this comes later. This pills needs to taken under guidance of a doctor so that if at all some minor aliments occur during it,that can be easily taken care of. Please do not try anything that is suggested by peers or chemists directly.

First get the pregnancy test done. And hope for the best. If it comes negative by your fortune then you can wait for some days more for periods to come.

So just relax get it done. Please feel free to ask if you some queries left out. I will be glad to answer then, have a great day and all the best.