Is dark complexioned. Can kojivit gel 4 be used for getting fair complexion?

Hi Doc!! Doc f a person hav dark skin,cn he use kojivit gel 4 whitening color,any side affects it? F he/she doesn't hav pigmentation,no dark spots,jst hav normal black skin,cn v use it jst 4 whitening. Doc XXXXXXX pls help me,thnk u.
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later

Now your concern is regarding a dark complexion.

First of all, I would like to make you aware that a person's color is determined more by his genes and hereditary characters. So overall, there is very little that a dermatologist can do to improve the original skin color.

However, the other side of it is that a person is usually born with a comparatively fairer skin, and owing to various external and XXXXXXX factors, with time changes of pigmentation can occur on skin. These include a reversible cause like skin tanning due to sun exposure.
So if you ask me if the skin color can be improved to some extent, then my answer would be that yes we can improve atleast the skin pigmentation due to external factors.
Kojivit gel contains kojic acid and vitamin c both of which are naturally derived skin lightening agents. These are devoid of any known side effects and so can be used over the whole face continuously for long periods of time.
The application of the above agents will surely help in removing the skin pigmentation due to external factors and so cause a visible improvement in skin color.
Regular usage of a sunscreen with spf >26 every time before moving out in the sun is very important.
Also there are certain other tools with a dermatologist which can help in improving the skin complexion like chemical peeling , dermabrasion and skin laser treatments. So if you feel that you are not getting the desired results with the above measures, then I would recommend that you can see a local dermatologist for the same.
But make sure that you only have realistic expectations from the above procedures.

Hope it helps,

If you need any further clarifications, please tell.

Dr Geetika Paul