Is dark color discharge from urethra a sign of STD?

Hi I have an occasional sting in my urethra. And when I opened it up I noticed there was a dark color in there Its not noticeable at first. Ive had an std test done a week ago still waiting on the results
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: need more information. NSAID Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXXXXX XXXX. Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. The discharge through urethra may be due to STD or due to other infection. To diagnose I want more information on the discharge(colour/ any foul smelling) with other signs of infection like fever, local pain / swelling or lymphadenopathy / ulcer. These information along with the investigation help in diagnosis and management. Till you get the reports I advice you to take plenty of fluids with proper hygine in genital area. If any inflammatory features you can take NSAID like Ibuprofen. These will help. I hope these information helps you. I will be waiting for more information. Wish you good health. Regards