Is copper toxicity syndrome detected by hair analysis test?

Hello Doctor.....Im XXXXXXX.....My husband XXXXXXX is suffering from copper toxicity syndrome(heard through his relatives), to confirm the status will a hair analisys test help find the level of it? and can i do itwithout taking him in person i.e, just by taking his hair for test?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Copper or any heavy metal can be detected in hair and nails in chronic toxicity.

First irrespective of diagnosis it is illegal to conduct any type of test without the consent of the person (if a person is able to do so). So, we will not advice you for the same.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Wish you good health.