Is continous bleeding for 8 days a sign of a miscarriage?

Hi, I'm XXXXXXX I am 25/F, 5', 100.2 lbs. Last month I started Clomid-50mg, to conceive. We did everything in the book. BBT, mucus monitoring, & OPK kits. I had an ultrasound at 3 weeks & I had a gestational sac with 2 tiny yolk sacs. This was my confirmation because my HCG levels were too low for a HPT. Last Monday I was in extreme intense pain, that later caused my abdomen to be sensitive to touch. I was told it was gas. It lasted for 3 days with no bleeding! My period's never changed. Very heavy & quick onset, 3 day MAX! I started to spot on the 3rd day, only when I wiped. It was a light brown color. The next day it was medium, but still very brown and thick. Day 5 I was pouring XXXXXXX red blood with pieces of tissue in the toilet. Yet, it didnt hurt. Day 6, it returned to the thick, murky brown color & finally disappeared after 8 days. Did I miscarry? I have 3 living children, with one past miscarriage. Could my ultrasound have been misleading and I had an extremely abnormal (unlikely) period? I have my ultrasound if that will help any. When should I see a doctor? They told me there was nothing they could do.... What do you feel has happened here? Thank you for your time, and hopefully peace of mind.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 5 hours later
Thanks for the query,

It is unusual to see yolk sacs at 3wks pregnancy.It generally appears at 5 weeks.
You will have to go a good centre for your ultrasound to get accurate diagnosis.

You most probably appear to have had an early miscarriage.

Please do a quantitative beta hCG twice 48hrs apart.HCG is a hormone produced in the body during pregnancy. An hCG blood test measures the level of hCG detectable in the blood. A declining level or very low level will determine the status.

You must also do an ultrasound to identify ongoing pregnancy or complete

You will have to consult a Gynaecologist at the earliest.

Hope my answer is adequate ,if you have any more concerns i will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Is continous bleeding for 8 days a sign of a miscarriage? 9 hours later
Did you receive my ultrasound photo? I also forgot to mention that my HPT was positive on day 3. I was also put through extreme trauma due to the US Marshals tearing into my apartment, holding me at gunpoint, only to realize they were in the wrong location. I had to receive medical attention for a panic attack and was afraid to come home for days. Could this have had any affect? And is it possible that I could still be pregnant even after the bleeding that took place for 8 days??
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 10 hours later

Yes, extreme severe emotions can adversely affect the pregnancy however its unlikely to initiate miscarriage.
A patient may still show evidence of pregnancy inspite of bleeding for several days
My suggesstion continues to be serial titres of Beta hCG as advised and an Ultrasound.

Hope this helps.