Is constant erection in penis a sign of nerve disease?

My penis is always erect during sleep I also have a habit of masturbating daily before bed. I would like to know due to this will i be getting any nerve disease
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 7 hours later
Brief Answer: It is normal. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXX. Thanks for posting your query. Penis becomes erect around 5 times on an average during sleeping, it is a normal phenomenon, don't worry about that. You should consult a urologist only if your penis remains erect all the time, even during day time. You don't need to worry about it if it happens only during sleeping. Habit of masturbation is good for both sexual health and general health, and you can continue it happily. No, masturbation will not cause any nerve disease, whoever told you that needs some education. Hope this answers your question, if you have any doubts, please write back to me. Be happy and enjoy your life. Regards.