Is confido from Himalaya safe to use?

Jun 2013
Hi I recently asked a question to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Sompur, i wanted to ask a followup quesiton .

is confido by Himalaya safe to use with no side effects ?

Also is Shilajit safe to be used without side effect ?

he also asked me to contact qualified psychiatrist. can he propose someone in Bangalore ?
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 13 minutes later
Hi there ~

Confido is a Himalaya product and there are cases where it has been effective. It is manufactured but has ayurvedic ingredients. There are no case control studies and therefore no information as a result of the same about the side effects. I am however assuming that no medication is without side effects. I would recommend you to use the medication with utmost caution and consult your ayurvedic doctor for more expert information. I am not sure about Shilajit as I have not had a patient that used it and again I redirect you to an ayurvedic doctor for the same. Anyone, at NIMHANS in Bangalore should be a good resource person. If you are seeing anyone outside NIMHANS please contact the local state board to find out if the person claiming to be a doctor is a psychiatrist with additional qualifications or a doctor in the first place. The MCI also has a list of doctors by name. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!