Is cold sore contagious?
User rating for this question
My husband has a cold sore that just broke out this morning. He was drinking a soda and set the can down. My two year old son grabbed it and poured it all over his face and head and some liquid got in his mouth. He did not touch the lip of the can, only the liquid inside. Can my son get cold sores from this? I am very worried.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is high chance. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Cold sore or herpes labialis has several stages. Your husband was at open lesion which is a highly contagious stage. The watery discharge contains active viral particle. There is a chance that discharge has mixed with soda and your son accidentally drank it and spread over his face. I will advice you to wait and watch. If any itching starts or reddening of skin over face appears,sore throat or fever, Consult a local Pediatrician for anti-viral medicines. There is no need to worry about it or prophylaxis. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
People also viewed
- Nursing diagnosis for no teeth
- When is a cold sore contagious
- Is drooling a side effect of seroquel?
- Cold sore most contagious
- Differential diagnosis of elevated sgot
- Is hives a side effect of rash relief?
- Is dizziness a side effect of spiriva?
- What are the side effects of sorbitol?
- Cold sore scab contagious
- Diagnosis kit for ketonuria
- Cold sores contagious period
- Diagnosis for sweating heart palpations
- What are the side effects of sinarest?
- Cold sores contagious genital herpes
- Nursing diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis