Is co-ordination of head and vertigo corelated?

Nov 2013

I suffer from vertigo though im not if this is head gets shaky and for example if I turn my head right my head shakes to the left it seems to be confused which direction it should be.what could this be?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Balance and co-ordination of head, eyes and neck are controlled by cerebellum (back of brain), vestibular system (located in ear) and nerves in the neck. So, shakiness and vertigo could occur with dysfunction of any of the above three structures. So, the two symptoms in your case could be related. A detailed neurological examination would be helpful. An MRI scan of the brain would be useful in excluding an internal brain problem, as a cause for your symptoms. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Follow-up: Is co-ordination of head and vertigo corelated? 1 hour later
ok thanks.i did have head scan which was normal.i have been losing fluid from just left ear which is so painfull just clear fliud and pain like fullness and ringing though my hearing test was normal. so if it was both brain and ears can it both be fixed?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Thank you for providing more information. Normal brain scan is a good news. Yes, it would be possible to fix both ear and brain problems in your case, if they were found. As of now, it seems to be connected to ear. You could take betahistine tablets for symptom relief. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)