Is clinical abortion safe after using crystal methamphetamine 12 hours before?

Question
I used crystal meth 12 hours before my in clinic abortion. Will they still go with the procedure?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Depends on your vital readings Detailed Answer: Hello, The go-ahead with the procedure would depend on your vital readings. i.e if your blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, and breathing is normal, then they may go ahead with the procedure. If there is disturbance in all or some of these readings, then they may withhold the procedure. It is better to tell your doctor about the meth use prior to the procedure. hope this helps.

Follow-up: Is clinical abortion safe after using crystal methamphetamine 12 hours before? 14 minutes later
I dont feel comfortable telling them. What if all my vital signs are normal? would they do a drug test before the procedure?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: they would proceed Detailed Answer: Hello, If the vitals are normal, they would proceed with the abortion procedure. A drug test is not routinely done in every case. More so in your case, until and unless you tell them about it. Hope it is clear to you. Wish you good luck!