Is cider mixed with elder flower bad for liver

Hi just wondering is XXXXXXX cider mixed with elderflower bad for your liver, as I have hepc.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Better avoid them and take vitamin supplement Detailed Answer: hello and welcome to HCM! You have mentioned that you have alcohol dependence in past and now taking only XXXXXXX cider and elder flower. you have hepatitis C also. From the research evidences and my clinical experince I would like to tell you that XXXXXXX cider - has not many clinical advantage, more over, may times cause significant side effects - ranging from constipation, diarrhoea, to rash, itch, abdominal discomfort etc. So, it is better avoided in cases where there is already a compromised liver function ( like you have hepatitis). Elder flower has some insufficient and inconclusive evidence in support of treatment for respiratory tract infections like flu..but this is only supportive in nature to the basis treatment modality like antibiotics. It is also best avoided for any other purpose. If it is difficult for you to control your carving, you may go for - baclofen tablet. This is safe even in cases of significant liver impairment and also clinically proven to reduce alcohol cravings. You should also take a good vitamin supplement, both to compensate the damage caused by long alcohol use and by hepatitis. please take XXXXXXX as a fruit itself, and more of nuts and water, this will certainly give you feeling of well being! Hope the reply is useful please ask more questions for clarifictaion Wish you good health Dr. Manisha Gopal MD Psychiatry