Is chronic kidney disease,cureable?

Are you aware of the ebook The Kidney Disease solution.Well the author claims to be a naturopath and he claims he can reverse kidney damage in chronic kidney disease patients. I have just been diagnosed with proteinuria but I don't know my numbers. I guess I was looking for a way out. Any thoughts on this.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Caution is indicated. Detailed Answer: It can be as easy as paying for a correspondence course to obtain a doctor of naturopathy degree. In the Free Press self publication world such as XXXXXXX anyone can make any claim they wish about treatment and cure. They can also charge whatever they want. I know that you were frightened. Your best bet is to obtain expert medical care from a reputable source, preferably from someone who is affiliated with a reputable academic institution.
Follow-up: Is chronic kidney disease,cureable? 4 hours later
Does kidney malfunction usually progress quite quickly.I mean does it go from onset to kidney failure rapidly.I'm taking ramipril.Does that slow it down or just take care of the high blood pressure.I was in shock and I didn't think to ask my doctor these questions.
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 6 hours later
Brief Answer: There is lots of redundancy in the kidneys Detailed Answer: Without knowing your creatinine it is difficult to know where you are starting from, but if your kidney disease is secondary to untreated hypertension (HTN) then treating the HTN may stabilize your renal function, might even improve things. Your med is an ACE inhibitor and primarily a treatment for HTN. Kidneys are resilient and redundant so most renal diseases progress slowly, though there are exceptions.