Is chronic anxiety caused due to cat bite?

Hi can i ask you a medical question? I got bitten by a cat about 2 months ago. The wound was not deep and got healed quickly. The cat is now still alive. However, I was on the website yesterday and I accidentally read some stuff about cat diseases. So I'm afraid that it could cause problems. I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety one month ago. Can the catbite cause my anxiety? Or is it just me being over reacting? In addition, should I seek a medical treatment (for the catbite that happened 2 months ago) ? The wound has compeletely disappeared. I got bitten by a cat in Australia when I was visiting a friend. So I don't know whether it's been vaccinated before. But the owner says it's still alive.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 14 hours later
Brief Answer: You are safe as the numbers say. Detailed Answer: Hi Miss XXXX, As you describe 2 months already passed, and the cat is alive. If it is healthy, then you don't seem to be at risk of infections. Other possibilities of local infection with pasturella ,streptococcal, and staphylococcal bacterial infections are very well excluded, as 2 months have already passed. Any way the first aid for any bite is a good clean wash of the wound as early as possible with soap and warm water thoroughly. Antiseptic like iodine can be applied immediately and after that has dried you can use antibiotic like fucidic acid. This information is for your reference, God forbidden, if you are exposed to bites in future. These facts are definitely not related now. You are a 17 year healthy girl, so don't think of any thing, more over you will have a good resistance as well. Anxiety is most likely due to other reasons. And reading those website will not do any good in dealing anxiety. I suggest my patients with anxiety not to read any information from unknown websites. Hope this helps. Wishing you good health. Thank you.
Follow-up: Is chronic anxiety caused due to cat bite? 23 hours later
Thank you for the information. may I ask another medical question? what is the normal heart beat for normal people? I'm 17 years old, and my heart beat is usually 80-90 bpm. But i have no chest pain, it's just i get nervous easily. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Always remember that you are healthy. Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXX, So long you feel healthy, never think of any ill health. That will be the basis of ill health, and anxiety regarding the health. Read well, if you don't read well, that will be the basis of the anxiety of the education, to read is the medicine for anxiety of education. Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts, and protein rich foods to have a physical, and mental good health. Actually i don't want to give reply to your point of heart rate. Because it is very flexible, Normal heart rate is from 60 to 100, beats per minute. If you go up on stairs, or come down, you may have 120. If someone examines by them selves it will be high. That is why it is said as resting pulse rate. Any how don't worry your pulse rate is in normal limits. Wishing you a healthy life. Thank you.