Is child's weight normal and what diet should be given?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my son is 2yrs 3 months, he is only up tp 10 kgs , is it a normal weight, what should I give him to put some weightand for the immunituy problem because he's gettling cold or fever very easily because he has a immunity problem???? for this age wht type of food I should give??? we are vegetariens.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: May I know his birth weight??? Detailed Answer: Hi Can you tell us your child s birth weight? Based on his birth weight it would be appropriate to say if he is normal or underweight. For a 3 kg birth weight it's just below normal Cold and fever are very common in kids upto 3 years of age. Try giving him iron and multi vitamins supplements to help improving appetite and immunity. Deworm him every 6 months with albendazole 200 mg single dose , which I usually prescribe in my clinic. All vegetarian foods can be given . Try all home cooked foods which you eat and let him eat together with you . There is no need for special foods. Avoid chocolates and pre processed foods like tinned or fast foods. Add ghee to each food to help in gaining weight. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Is child's weight normal and what diet should be given? 3 days later
Hello Docter, Thanks for your advise, his birth weight was 2.75, we consult a docter near us, he examined and told he has a allergy.(and its also because of our dog) our dog is 10yrs old and healthy too. from the birth they were together for some time I'm living in sigapore with my hubby so we come back and forth whenever we come to Chennai my pet and baby are together friendly. there is no allergy syntoms before why now? the docter gave us some allergy medicine until we return to Singapore. he told us to separate them. we are going back after two months only. what to do?
Answered by Dr. Arun 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergy can start at any time Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Pet dog allergy can start at any time. Not necessarily from the beginning. If your doctor has examined and found it's allergy , it's better to avoid pet contact. The hairs are extremely allergic in dogs and cats. It's better to keep the pet separately. Continue the medicines as advised Wishing your kid great health Regards Dr Arun