Is burning sensation on left side of body caused due to residual effects of migraine?

Nov 2013

I have had a heat problem for 5 years and nobody seems to know why. The left side of my body gets very hot all the way down to the top of my left foot The one neurologist I consulted told me I am having residual effects of migraines, andinstead of my head hurting I have this burning sensation on the left side of my body. He put me on topomax and I nearly went off the deep end from depression. I am starting to get worn down by this and really need help. I alsohave had an mri of my brain and an xray of my neck with no signigicant problems
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I can understand your discomfort with the neurological symptoms for the past five years, and that too without a proper diagnosis and treatment. The symptoms are related to the brain, more typically the right side of brain. This is because the right side of brain controls the left side of body. The areas such as thalamus or parietal lobe is affected to give rise to heat or abnormal sensations on one half of the body. Normal MRI of brain rules out any serious brain disease as a cause of your symptoms. You would benefit from medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin or amitriptyline. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: