Ask a Dentist   »  

Is bone grafting safe for dental implant?

Is that safe to go for bone grafting for tooth implant
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerable but needs thorough check up. Detailed Answer: Hello; Welcome to HCM; Yes bone grafting is done to support a dental implant but the treatment needs to be explained and here it goes : A dental impant is placed in the thick alveolar bone ideally 10mm thickeness in height and 6mm in width. any deficiency or bone defect is common to have and the oral surgeon can plan to put a bone . The most frequently used technique is guided bone graft augmentation where a defect is filled with either natural bone or allograft . During the healing phase, natural bone replaces the graft forming a new bony base for the implant. The treament is safe and will be successful if you are not medically compromised with disorders like diabetes ; hypertension and other. i hope this information is satisfactory. If you have further more queries to write back to me. take care. dr.farah XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Is bone grafting safe for dental implant? 22 hours later
Thanks so much. Now I have done with the bone grafting what is healing period? when to place implant?
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: healing phase differs with every bone defect Detailed Answer: Hi; I hope you are doing good; Healing period is the time between placement of a bone graft in the defect and that of a titanium implant which can be around 30 to 45 days depends on the size of defect and other conditions. during the healing phase bone graft replaces the original bone and fills the defect. A implant fits with osseintegration with good bone support and healthy soft tissues envelope (gums) around it. Any further doubts please write back to me. take care. dr.farah XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Is bone grafting safe for dental implant? 20 minutes later
Thanks a lot
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: take care Detailed Answer: Its my pleasure. Wishing you good health. regards.