Is blurred vision and light sensitiveness related to Cytomegalovirus retinitis?

Nov 2013

Hi doctor, Hope u remember me, i have checked doctors at nimhans and other neurologist and mri also done. All said nothing wrong in neuro. I got some medicines from siddha it resolved some of my problems .. Now i have one major problem ie blurred vision light sensitiveness.. I forgot to check eye specialist ,is it related to cmv retinities? Im scared about loss of vision.. Plz provide some answer
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi mr XXXXXXX Thank you for getting back. Of course, I do remember you. In my opinion, it is very unlikely to be CMV retinitis. In CMV retinitis, there would be drop in vision all the time, and visual symptoms would worsen over time. Also, it occurs almost always in the setting of advanced AIDS (HIV infection). Your symptoms could be vascular headache (similar to migraine), where light sensitivity and blurred vision may occur. It is good to note that your MRI is normal. If visual symptoms persist, you may get an eye check up done. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Follow-up: Is blurred vision and light sensitiveness related to Cytomegalovirus retinitis? 13 hours later
Thanks for reply,my vision looks almost 80 percent ok after sleep And in sunlight. Its getting worse during flooding of lights and while monitoring computer.. Im getting feel all other symptoms slowly subsiding and im 75 percent ok except my vision problems.. Thanks for your guidence all the time, will get back if i need any clarification
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: I am glad to hear that you are getting better, including your vision, which is improving. I would be glad to be of help in the future too. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)