Is blurred vision and bleeding from eyes due to kidney disease?

dose kidney disease effect the eyes my husband has had double vision which has cleared up now, but still has blurred vision also he has had weeping blood lightly from both eyes
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kidney disease can affect the eyes. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic I am Dr Dadapeer an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. Kidney diseases are known to affect the eyes. The type of involvement depends on the type of kidney disease and the associated factors leading to kidney disease. For example all cases of diabetic kidney involvement can lead to eye involvement in the form of diabetic retinopathy. This occurs because of involvement of the blood vessels. As mentioned in the history your husband is having blurring of vision and this can be caused by retinopathy, changes in refractive error or cataract. Since he is also taking prednisolone tablets the side effects of the drug like cataract and glaucoma needs to be ruled out. The other symptoms like diplopia can be because of nerve palsies. Hence I request you to provide details regarding his kidney disease so that I can advice you more accurately. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you