Is blood spot on my forearm related to increase in fatty liver and mild increase in echo texture?

My blood work is all normal My ferritin test is normal. I had an ultra sound that showed mild increase in fatty liver and mild increase in echo texture. I have taken supplements and and have used alcohol. I only have an occasional glass of wine but sometimes when i do about 10 to 12 hours later i will get a blood spot on my forarm. Is this related to liver? My pt test areball normal
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi, As your blood work was normal(trombocite number), ferritin normal, and pt test normal, then, the blood spot you had it is not from the liver. It might be related to the damages of the local blood vessels; most probably precipitated from drinking wine (alcoholic drink). Please bare in mind that drinking alcohol would make the blood vessels thinner and fragile and easily to break, resulting to spots. Furthermore, sulphate components of red wine could also be responsible of such red spots. At the end, I suggest to stop drinking alcohol, even a glass of wine, and see what is happening for the next 3 months. If the spots will increase in number and size, please consult hematologist for further evaluation. Keep on conducting a healthy life! Feel free to write me back at the next follow up if you have more concerns! Dr.Klerida