Is blood pressure varying from 120/80 to 145/90 normal?

I have a bp question, ive been monitering my bp at home, it is always 120/80 to 130/80 when i wake up, when i get home from work it runs 150/100 to 165/100, if i relax and take a shower and check it before bed it is 145/90 to 140, is this normal or should it stay low all day
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 13 days later
Brief Answer: It is abnormal and needs treatment Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for query. Blood pressure is normally lower at night while you're sleeping and starts to rise a few hours before you wake up. It continues to rise during the day, usually peaking in the middle of the afternoon. This variation should not be more than 130/80 mmHg.But here in your case it is more than 130/80. It is abnormal and needs treatment. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.